5 Eylül 2009 Cumartesi

Korean Prison Blues


Why I love Kim-Ki-Duk so much?Probably, because of his dialog-lacked art movies.The charachters in his films are so quite that I don't have to catch up with the subtitles.I love watching these weird Korean people.Sometimes, I wonder if South Korea is such a abnormal country.In Breath, Kim-Ki-Duk sends his charachters to the prison.A desperate housewife falls in love with a man who is given the death sentence.They meet at the prison regularly, and the woman decorates the visiting room of the prison considering four seasons and sings songs to him.It sounds so romantic, but actually the film is brutal in many ways.Let's call it "brutally romantic".The movie reminded me of 3-Iron, in a way.There are desperate houswives who are cheating their reckless husbands with weird men in both movies.But I don't think that Breath is a copy of 3-Iron.It has its own soul.Especially, the singing parts were very entertaining.I've sung "Hae Byun Eu Ro Ga Ya"(means "Let's go to the beach", or something like that) -the song which the woman sings in the summer decoration- so often since I watched the movie that my mom and little brother now think that I'm a weirdo -but I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo, what the...uhm sorry-I think my singing old Korean pop songs unsettle them.However, watch the movie and then sing Korean songs and torture your household...

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder