5 Eylül 2009 Cumartesi

Jay, what did you do dude?


I used to love his Ted-Mosby-inspired hair style...

Frankly, I am a quite 'indie-lover'.For me, Björk is making the perfect pop, Radiohead and Sigur Ros are the greatest rock bands on earth.Tricky is more talented than these bling-bling rappers of the U.S.Musicians like Bat for Lashes or Jens Lekman must have been topping the charts.But sometimes I want some 'light music' in my life.Cliched lyrics with repeating tunes...Jay Sean is one of my guilty pleasures, actually he was.I used to listen him, when I was 14.He is a British R&B singer who is of Indian descent.And, once upon a time, he created nice hits such as "Eyes On You", "Stolen" and "Dance With You", blending R&B with Indian elements (these Bollywood-style-sirenish-sounds).Maybe when you listen his debut album Me Against Myself at present, you can easily suppose that it's the soundtrack of Slumdog Millionaire.But then it sounded cool.And now he's trying his chance in America with his recent single "Down".Of course, all Indian elements in his music flew away.It looks like he thinks that standard U.S. R&B is cooler.What a pity!I just wish he kept it local.Or as Eugene Hütz said "Think locally, fuck globally".

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder